Calling Myself a Writer, Redux

Well, it's been a bit more than a month since I wrote about whether or not I feel like a real writer. I've done some serious thinking about it, and a very small smidgen of doing something about it. I've come to an important conclusion. 

I'm calling myself a writer. 

Not a good writer, mind you. But a writer all the same. I feel like I have strong writing voice, and I'm pretty decent at putting some sentences together. I just need to get more words out of my head and down on a page. 

So here's my plan: 

1. Write something, anything. Work emails and memos do not count. Other than that, there are no rules. It could be an email to my grandparents. It could be a blog post. It could be a short story. No length limits, no time limits. Just a bit of writing every day. 

2. Read something, anything. Again, work emails and memos do not count. Mostly I've been reading interesting books I found at the library, and fun blog posts that I found around the internet. I enjoy what I read, I just want to read more of it. 

Now, with that being said.....



No comments:

Post a Comment