Blink

So, I went to see Blink 182 tonight. It was awesome!!!! Travis Barker is phenomenal. Like, literally. And that other guy is pretty great too. I'm not a fan of Tom. He's nasty, and somewhat full of himself. But the show was still great. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to talk tomorrow, but that's okay. The ringing in my ears is going down, too, so that's a relief. They played all my favourites, and I'm pretty proud of myself for knowing almost all the words. They played a few that I didn't recognize. But that's okay too. Mike, Katy, Luke, and I tried to figure out a way to sneak down to the floor (the boys wanted to mosh). However, we saw someone try what we were about to try, and security tackled him and carried him out, so we changed our minds.


Like I said, the show was great. The songs were awesome. I don't think I'm a fan of them live, though. Partially because they don't sound as good live, and partially because Tom's a dink. But I had fun anyway. However, the best part of the evening was the encore. After the "last" song, the lights went off, but the house lights never came up. So clearly something was going on. After 10 minutes of insessant screaming and chanting the curtain came up again, and there's my homeslice Travis Barker, playing the most wicked awesome drum solo you've ever heard. Then, somehow the platform that he's on raises about a story into the air!! And he's still playing!!! Then, somehow, they move him so it's at an almost 45 degree angle, and swing him back and forth across the stage. And he's still playing!!! Then, they tilt him so he's at a (and I'm not kidding) 90 degree angle, and yeah, he's still drumming away. Then, he starts spinning. It's like it's a merry-go-round or something, and he's perpendicular to the stage, hanging in the air, spinning. It was the sickest thing I've EVER seen. And for that, he now has my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment