Taking Stock: October

Hello friends!  I'm coming back here after weeks of personal bad news on top of national tragedies. And it's hard to know what to say or do in the aftermath of so many awful things. So I worked my way through this list from a new fave,  Meet Me at Mike's  to try and focus on the good and interesting things in my life.  If you end up taking stock, share or send me your list. I'd love to see what's going on with you. 


Making : too many fall goals. 
Cooking : from scratch! We signed up for a meal delivery service and now I actually make dinner.
Drinking : tea! It's finally cool enough to enjoy a nice warm mug in the evenings. 
Reading: I'm just about to start Brain on Fire , courtesy of my SIL. 

Trawling: the Yankee Candle website, waiting for a sale.
Wanting: to go for a hike up in the mountains.
Looking: at all my family pictures. 
Deciding: whether it's cold enough to swap out my summer scarves for my fall/winter stash. 
Wishing: I lived a little closer to home. 
Enjoying: the slow transition into fall. I love seeing the leaves change and having cooler nights.
Waiting: to hear back about a job interview. 
Wondering: what I can do to bring a little more light into the world.
Loving: my volunteer job at the library. Being in the children's department is so fun!
Pondering: on whether or not I do too much online shopping...
Listening: to Kesha's new album, Rainbow. It is so powerful, and I cry listening to it every time.  
Considering: starting a book club?????
Buying: embroidered jeans. Finally a trend I can pull off! 
Watching: Grey's Anatomy. Fictional drama is much better than real-life drama.
Hoping: to finish a sewing project and start another this month. 
Marvelling: at a serendipitous meeting at church last week. 
Cringing: at the load of damp laundry I left overnight in the washing machine. 
Needing: to start crossing items off my to-do list! 
Questioning: if I should make some cookies, even though I still have half a pie in the fridge.
Smelling: burning soap. I tried to clean a pan. It's a whole big thing. 
Wearing: my yoga pants. It's almost 5, and I still haven't actually done any yoga...
Noticing: that maybe I do a little too much online shopping.
Knowing: that it's just about time to reorganize the laundry room again.
Trouble-shooting: the hard water stains in my tub and sink. I bought these sponges to try and combat them. 
Thinking: of trying out a new yoga class sometime this month. 
Admiring: the women who've gone before me, who made it possible to even imaging working in the writing/film industry. 
Getting: excited over the new Lush Christmas releases.
Bookmarking: tulip bulbs on Amazon. 
Opening: all my windows, because it's suddenly summer again here in Utah. 
Closing: the Angry Birds app on my phone so I'll actually get some work done! 
Feeling: a bit like butter, scraped over too much bread. 

Dreaming: of repainting my whole house. 
Hearing: peace and quiet today, from both neighbors (who have been doing construction for months)
Celebrating: nothing in particular, but I'm still having pie for lunch.
Pretending: that scrolling through Pinterest is "research". 
Embracing: myself, flaws and all. 



Taken in Lethbridge, Alberta during my visit last week

No comments:

Post a Comment