Brace Yourselves

I tried to bake today. Usually when I bake, it turns out to be delicious. In fact, every time I bake, it turns out delicious. I've kept husband and I healthy and fed. I have a pretty clean track record when it comes to making delicious things. Until tonight. 


I found a recipe to make carmel apple cookies. The picture made them look so soft and delicious, and I had everything on hand. Well, almost everything. I'm out of cooking oil, so I substituted apple sauce. Unfortunately, this is where things took a turn for the worst. Instead of being cookie dough, it was more like angry cake batter. I added some flour in hopes that they would sort themselves out, rolled them up, and stuck them in the oven .


When I took them out, my fears were confirmed. Instead of delicious caramel cookies, I had little spice rocks.  


At least Luke likes them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment