How I'm Taking Care of Myself

I set a new year's resolution to become more active and to lose a certain amount of weight. Well, after almost 3 months of going to the gym, I have not seen much of a change. So I'm going to start switching things up a bit. Here are my new goals: 

-on days when I go to the gym, I'll be doing interval training, rather than keeping a steady pace the whole time {I use the elliptical}

-on non-gym days, I'll work on strength training and stretching. {I love this website for the wide variety of workouts} 

-ideally, I would some some yoga every day, but that isn't always possible. So I'm aiming for at least 4 days a week {I practice at home, with instruction from here

- I found a place online that will calculate your daily recommended nutrients. I know it will take some careful calculating, but I hope to get better about actually eating healthy, instead of just within a certain amount of calories {you can calculate your own nutrition needs here}

I know that change doesn't come overnight. But I was hoping to be a bit further along than I currently am. So hopefully this will make a difference. 

P.S. I know there are a lot of links in this post. It's not sponsored or anything, I just wanted to share the sites that I like using. 

No comments:

Post a Comment