My Trip Home

Did you like how I wrote a post about catching up, and then didn't write for almost a week? Sorry about that. Time has just been getting away from me lately. So, here's what's been going on. 

Almost two weeks ago, I went home. My little brother came home from his mission, and I really wanted to see him again. My dad was super awesome, and helped me pay for a plane ticket. Usually when I go home, I drive. But since I had to make the trip myself, flying was much safer than driving for 12 hours all by my self. Can I just say how awesome it is to go home in less than a day? Seriously. It's the best. 

Being home was great. I didn't get a lot accomplished, but I got in some good family time. And some good sleeping. Because I'm lazy. I also got attacked by a glass of ginger beer. It's a good story, although kind of embarrassing  Essentially, I drank too much beer too fast, and I developed a cough. Then it morphed into a cold, and I'm still sick. Rats.

Another highlight was taking my brother shopping for some real clothes. He's not much of a shopper, but he needed some new things pretty badly. My sister and I drug him all over, and he got a bit cranky. But we were in public, so he couldn't get too upset. 

Although I love my husband, and love my friends in Provo, leaving home is always hard. Hopefully I'll be back this summer (with Luke) for an extended trip. For real though. There is nothing better than a Southern Alberta sunset. Or spring. Or summer. Or anything. 

I suppose that in a post about seeing my brother, I should have written about him a bit more. Here's all you need to know, really. He's been gone for 2 years, and hasn't changed a bit. Not a bit. I'm not particularly surprised. 



No comments:

Post a Comment