Our First Week in NYC

Well, we've been in the city for a week now {give or take a few hours}. We haven't done anything super exciting, since we're going to be here for such a long time. Most of my adventures are related to figuring out how to live my life in a new city. But here's what we did, if you're interested.

Monday: arrived in the city. Went out for pizza at a place down the street. Got metro passes. 

Tuesday: slept in. Luke's first day of work. I ventured down to the Asian market for some groceries. Later in the day, we went out to find the closest Target. This was my first time riding the subway. 

Wednesday: Luke worked a long day. I stayed home, unpacked a bit, and went on a walk with one of our neighbours. 

Thursday: I went into the city with Luke. On my way home, I got lost and ended up in Times Square. Which is large and kind of intimidating when you don't know where you are. 

Friday: I stayed home all day, catching up on work. 

Saturday: Luke was feeling sick, so I took him to the doctor. We spent the rest of the day relaxing at home. Later we went out for pizza and doughnuts. 

Sunday: Luke wasn't feeling better yet, so we stayed home. 

At first, I had a hard time with such a slow week. We didn't get out much or do any sightseeing. Then I remembered that I live here now, and that by taking a few days to relax and get my bearings, I'm making it easier for myself in the future. Hopefully this week, I'll have some better adventures to share. And hopefully some pictures, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment