What Up, 212?

The best part about living in New York City is just wandering around and discovering new things. Here's a few of my discoveries, shown in to particular order. 



I went to see "Ladies and Gentlemen...The Beatles!" at the NYPL Museum. I enjoyed it, but I liked the museum in Liverpool better.



The Manhattan Temple spire. Usually a temple has pretty extensive grounds, making it easy to take a picture. Not so when you're in uptown. This was the best I could do. 



One of my last days in the city, I went down to Little and Italy to do a bit of souvenir shopping. Let me tell you, this is the place to do it. Everything much cheaper. Plus, once you get off the main street, you find some really quaint restaurants, interesting shops, and some great archetechure. The only downside is that it's quite south (one stop away from One World Trade Center). 



One night, Luke and I tried to get dessert at Serendipity, but it was cold outside and the line was long. We walked down the block, and found this place instead. They have every type of candy you can imagine, and an ice cream bar upstairs. A much better alternative, if you ask me. 



Bloomingdale's is HUGE! It takes up a whole block, and it's several stories high. 



Gorgeous architecture on 5th Avenue.


Quite possible the most perfect townhouse ever. I found it while walking on the lower east side. 



A hotel across from city hall. While most of the buildings around here are boring office buildings, there are still a few intricate buildings like this one. 


This is probably my favourite find. One day, after a long day of errands and exploring, I was trying to find the closest subway station so I could head back home. After checking my map and walking for blocks, I still couldn't find it. So headed one street over to a different station. As I walked, I noticed a little space between buildings. Soon, this little space came into view. Tucked away from the busy streets is this little oasis, complete with trees and a waterfall. I only wish I'd been able to come back and read, eat lunch, and do some writing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment