Change is Good, But I Can't Let Go

This is it. My last night in Reynold's 202. Strange to think I've lived in the same place for an entire year. Usually college students don't have this kind of stability. But tomorrow, I'm off to a new place, where I will stay for only a matter of months before moving again. And I have SO MUCH stuff to move! I'm just one person! How did one person manage to collect so much?! I can't imagine what it would be like to be married and have stuff to move around. Actually, I have a hard time imagining being married at all, or even seriously committed to someone (alas, another blog for another time). Back to the original topic.


This is the last night I'll lie here and swear silently at the crickets outside my window. The last time I'll have a decent view out my bedroom window (new place=basement apartment=view of an alley). The last time I'll look at these four walls in the dark. Okay, now I sound like an emo kid who's being sent to sleep-a-way camp for the summer. In any case, things will never be like they are now, or as they have been. Change is the way of the future. But right now, all I want to do is a little wallowing.


Disclaimer: I'm not usually all moody like these last few posts have been. I've just had a lot of change and a lot of thoughts in a very small amount of time. I'm sorting through, and I'll be fine. Please bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment