Top 5: The Reading List

Choosing only five books is going to be hard.  But let it be noted that this is not a summer reading list. This is only the books currently pinned on my Pinterest board. I'll do a reading list a bit later. 




1. 1001 Books to Read Before You Die 
          Is it cheating to start with this one? Really, it's a thousand and one books. I'm interested to see what books make it to the "must read" list; how many are classics vs. how many are modern. Most interesting will be to see how many I've read {my guess is not very many}. 





2. The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
          I started reading this two summers ago. But it's such a huge book, it took me all summer, and I still didn't finish it. Although that's probably due to the fact that I wasn't totally invested in it. I'm a fast reader, I swear. Except when a book doesn't hold my interest.  



3. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? {And Other Concerns} by Mindy Kaling 
          I just finished this book last week. I've been dying to read it forever. It was great. I really love Mindy. I identify with her a lot {except for the fact that I'm not Indian, or working at my dream job right now}. Seriously, it's awesome, and I recommend it as a fun summer read. 



4. Caps for Sale  by Esphyr Slobodkina
          This books was a big part of my childhood; my nana used to read it to me. I love the illustrations and the sneaky monkeys.  Plus, it's just fun and silly.  




5.  He's a Stud, She's a Slut, and 49 Other Double Standards Every Woman Should Know by Jessica Valenti 
          If you know me, this list wouldn't be complete without some kind of feminist reading. I love the idea behind this book - just because we think that men and women are equal, doesn't mean that there's really truly equality between the sexes. The title of this book shows that. I haven't read this yet, but I really really really want to. 




**I didn't include hyper links for the source of the pictures, because you're all smart people who can google book titles to find a cover **





No comments:

Post a Comment