Moving Past

For the past....too long to count, I've felt like I'm just flailing around. I've had no purpose, no drive, nothing to work towards.  Sure, from time to time I'll make a little progress; I'll decide to take up running, or start a project that I really enjoy. But those things aren't helping me move forward with my life. Sure, it may stretch me in some small new way, but really, it's not helping me move on. 


Yesterday, I think things might have changed a little. 


We signed a contract for a new house. It's a step up, for sure. Not that we're living in squalor, but it's a small studio apartment, far from campus and our friends. Now, though, we'll be able to walk to campus, to some of our favourite restaurants, to see our friends, even to the grocery store. We will be back in a neighbourhood with people similar in age and our stage in life. Plus, this place has a dishwasher, a laundry system, multiple rooms, and lots of storage options. 


And then, we got tickets for the Vans Warped Tour. It kicks off in SLC in June, and we're going! I've wanted to go for years. It's a huge step out of my comfort zone, but it feels like the right step.  As a bonus, my favourite band is headlining the show {I don't know if bands really 'headline' at Warped, but that's what I'm telling myself}. 


I'm feeling much better about my life. I'm moving forward, I have things to look forward to, things to plan for. I won't be stuck here forever. Things may not be perfect, but they're moving in the way I want them to. I can't really ask for more than that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment