What I'm Watching: The Social Network

Yesterday we got The Social Network in the mail (yay Netflix). So we watched for FHE. 

I know it's supposed to be fantastic and breakthrough-ish and all that. It probably did well at the Oscars (I should know, I suppose). But I couldn't watch it. It was terrible. I guess I don't care for films about privileged white males arguing about who deserves all those millions of dollars.  Since every character is based on someone in real life (ahhhh, the biopic), it would stand to reason that the characters were relatable and well, you know, real. But they weren't. To me, none of them seemed developed, and I didn't care about any of them at all. 

In fact, we didn't even finish the movie, it was that bad. It was a bunch of lawyer scenes cut with flashbacks. Despite the fact that the order in which things happen is super important to the story line, I felt that there wasn't any order at all. Perhaps that was because I tuned out about 30 minutes in, because it was a bunch of boys yelling at each other about who was better/smarter/had the idea. 

It was just really, really awful. No identifiable characters and a story that few people really care about.  Not my kind of movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment