New York Public Library

One of the things on my NYC to-do list was visit the NY Public Library and get a library card. So last week, I bundled up and headed into the city. From the outside, it's pretty big and foreboding.


























The famous lions: 






Inside, everything is made of marble. I thought about taking pictures, but I'm not sure if it's allowed or not, and since there were quite a few security guards, I didn't want to risk it and get kicked out before I'd even explored.  

I signed up for my library card, but since I'm not a real resident, I don't get to check books out. Which, if you ask me, is kind of the point of a library card. Oh well. 

For the next few hours, I wandered around until I found a study room where I could do some writing. It was nice, but a little too quiet to do any real work. I mean, when you have a room made of marble, everything tends to echo. 

I wanted to get home before rush hour, so I packed it in around 4. Before heading home, I ran across the street to Pret a Manger for a sandwich. It was one of my favourite places when I lived in London, so I'm really glad they have a few locations here on the East Coast. Before I got on the subway, I took this picture of the Chrysler building looking down 42nd Street. 



No comments:

Post a Comment