NYC: Week 3

Well, I'm almost caught up with my weekly updates. Hooray! Here's how I spent my third week in The Big Apple. 

Monday: I was brave and set out to find the New York Public Library. I took a few pictures, but I feel like this adventure deserves it's own post. I got a library card, but because I'm not a resident of NYC, I can't actually check out any books. Which is why I got the card in the first place...  I also got lunch at Pret a Manger, which was one of my favourite sandwich shops when I was in London. So that was awesome. 

Tuesday: the weather turned cold again, but I didn't want to sit at home. So I went out with a friend to check out Grand Central station. Again, I feel like this deserves it's own post, but I'll tell you one thing: when you first arrive at the station, it's doesn't look like what you see in the movies. It just looks like a regular subway stop. You have to go through a series of hallways to get to the recognizable part. 

Wednesday: So, there's a good story from today. I found this restaurant, called Best Wingers, that claimed to have the best buffalo chicken in the city. Since I left one of my favourite restaurants back in Provo {Winger's, in case you were wondering}, I hoped that this new place would be similar. I mean, the best in the city sounds pretty good, right? Wrong. So wrong. And sad. It was nothing like it promised. In fact, I didn't even finish my dinner. To make it worse, Luke and I had to walk several blocks in the cold to get there. It may be the best in the city, but it's definitely not the best in the country. 

Thursday: Grocery shopping day. Whee. It's a much bigger adventure when you don't have a car to carry you and your groceries. I went with my friends and their kids, and I think it's fair to say we all miss driving to get groceries. 

Friday: Luke had a doctor's appointment in the morning. For lunch, I went out with some of the other wive's whose husbands are working with Luke. They're all super nice, and we had a good time. I spend the evening at the laundromat because I'd waited too long in between trips, and had a ton of stuff to wash. 

Saturday: I spend the morning catching up on work before heading out to explore Roosevelt Island {which will also get it's own post}. The weather was finally nice enough that we could get out and walk around. In the evening, we went bowling with Luke's company at the swankiest bowling alley I've ever seen. 

Sunday: church in Manhattan again. This time, the trains were running on their regular schedule, so we were able to get there on time. Afterwards, we walked through central park before heading home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment