NYC: Week 5

Hey guys, here's the next part of my weekly updates. I'm still catching up. This is the week of February 10th to the 16th.

Monday: I'd been feeling a bit stuck at home, so today I went out to try and fix that. I went to Barnes and Nobel and picked up a map. When I was in London, I got a really handy pocket map that made getting around really easy, and I wanted something similar for NYC. It wasn't quite what I was looking for {it only covers Manhattan}, but it easily fits in my bag and I don't have to struggle to fold it up. 

Tuesday:  In our neighbourhood, there's a fantastic bakery run by a French-trained baker. It's a bit out of the way, maybe half a mile from our place, but it had great reviews, so I went out with my neighbour to give it a try. The pastries were pretty good, but I think I'll wait until the weather is a little warmer. It was a long, cold walk. 

Wednesday: I had plans to go out and about in the morning, but they fell through when I ended up getting myself lost. Instead, I spend a few hours at the library before meeting up with Luke for lunch. We stopped at a bodega, where I had the worst burger ever. Turns out, bodegas are not the place for burgers.

Thursday: I got asked to do a special work project! This is big news for two reasons. First, work has been really slow lately, so this is a great chance to actually do something. Second, this special project is actually going on the website! For people to read! So I spent my day writing. 

Friday: We didn't have a very romantic Valentine's Day. I had to finish up my special projects, Luke worked late, and since it was still so cold we opted to just stay home in the evening. We ate oatmeal, and stayed up late watching cable. 

Saturday: Luke went in to work for a little bit, while I ran a few errands in our neighborhood. In the evening, we watched some of the Olympics and got burgers. Because those two things go together so well...  

Sunday: Luke's been working with a friend of his from high school. Tonight, that friend's brother was in town, so we went over and had dinner all together, which was a really good time. Luke got to catch up with friends, and we played some games. 


No comments:

Post a Comment